BECOME A GUEST WRITER
Would you like to share your passion, creativity, insights and experience with our audience? Do you want to build your own following, while enriching the lives of others? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
First, let’s make sure that we are a good fit for each other. Here are some guidelines that we have developed after working with our most successful contributors.
When you submit an article to Legacy Arts, you agree to the following:
- We accept articles from established experts in a particular field and passionate pursuers of their own legacy. We are only able to accept an article for a particular issue of the magazine and don’t typically work with regular contributors (although, we would consider it if you come up with a good idea for a series of articles or a regular column).
- Our magazine is distributed to financial professionals, philanthropic leaders, families, entrepreneurs, and those interested in legacy development. Topics that resonate well with our audience include storytelling, writing, estate planning, family development, biographies or stories of successful people, philanthropy, acts of service, character development, creative ways to document and archive memories, and so on.
- We prefer evergreen articles that contain practical tips. Our readers respond especially well to “how-to” content with specific advice and tips.
- If you submit a personal legacy story, make sure you deliver a general message that can be helpful to other people who are trying to figure out how to develop a great legacy. Stories that are too personal and fact-based, without a broad message and learning that our readers can relate to, are usually not accepted.
- Guest articles must be original and may not have been previously published on any site. That said, you can republish submitted articles on your own website 2 weeks after they go live on Legacy Arts.
- Articles typically do best if they are 800-1000 words long. But we accept articles up to 2500 words.
- Posts related to creative skills (book design, art, photography, videography, etc.) can be shorter if they use images to help tell their story.
- All content must be your own work and any references must be appropriately cited.
- Any links will be reviewed by Legacy Arts and must be relevant.
- You may include 1-2 contextually relevant affiliate links, which must be approved by Legacy Arts.
- You will receive a short (50 word or less) bio box with a link back to your website at the end of the article.
- Legacy Arts reserves the right to include its own links or ads in any submitted articles.
- You will not receive any compensation for your submission.
- You agree that you are not an employee of Legacy Arts and Paragon Road.
- Legacy Arts reserves the right to remove any guest article with or without a reason.
- All guest articles will be edited by Legacy Arts and its staff before posting. We are not able to provide the article for your review after our edits.
- Legacy Arts reserves the right to reject any article that it feels is not a good fit for the magazine.
- Legacy Arts retains the rights to the article and may post it or reference it on other sites such as Paragon Road’s blog, Linkedin, Facebook, and other sites as long as the article is properly attributed to the original writer.
By submitting a guest article to Legacy Arts, you agree that you have read this agreement and agree to be bound by it.
Alright, the legal stuff is out of the way. Now on to the fun part! Our readers are looking forward to hearing from you! If you feel like we may be a good fit, please reach out and let’s start a conversation.
When you apply for guest article opportunities with Legacy Arts, please email legacyarts (at) paragonroad.com with the following information:
- Include “Guest Article” in the subject line of your email.
- Your name and email.
- Link to your website / blog.
- Your idea for an article and your area of expertise.
- Confirmation that you have read the terms on this page and agree to them.
Thank you! We look forward to hearing from you!